Social media is an apparatus that helps connect people around the world, and it helps people share their everyday life. Many people get inspiration from it, plus it can even be quite entertaining! Most users have one or more accounts, but for me, I don’t use any of them besides Pinterest.
I’ll tell you why:
- It’s time-consuming- one minute you’re scrolling, and then the next thing you know a whole hour rolls by! You’re going to be amazed by how taking a break or getting rid of it completely will free up your schedule. This could be cooking dinner, cleaning your car, studying for an exam, and even work for your job.
- It makes you compare your life to others.
When you’re sitting there scrolling and looking at how people are “living their best lives”, it gives you a skewed perception of the world. Somehow everyone is out having an amazing time and you’re not, but social media is just a glimpse of someone’s life and not the full picture.
- It makes you put your self worth on the amount of “likes” or “followers” you have.
You’re worth way more than any number assigned to you by society.
- When you get rid of it, it allows you to focus more on the real true relationships you have and how valuable they are.
- When you catch up with people, they’ll be so excited to hear about your new stories. It’ll be fresh and something they haven’t seen or heard about you doing before.
- In all reality, it doesn’t matter what everyone else is doing, what really matters is what you’re doing! Go live a really amazing and messy, beautiful life; because most of what you see on social media is not the real life a person leads.
- It’ll give you a break and allow you to de-clutter your head with pointless information. It helps you sleep better and wake up with a brain of new ideas and thoughts!
Overall, it may be hard giving up social media completely, but I promise if you take a break and see how relaxing it is, you may not want to go back!
Stay rad, my friends.