Many people hear about vintage clothes and either says wow that’s beautiful or just cringe at the thought of it. Vintage clothing stores though, have come a long way, and only buy inventory that is close to brand new or is in pretty good condition.
Here are ten reasons why you should ditch retail stores and head to the nearest vintage clothing store option!
- Vintage Clothes save you money! You can buy clothes for almost 90% off, which means you can either buy even more clothes or save it for certain pieces you know you want to buy retail. Retail prices will never come even close to how good of a deal you’re getting at a vintage store even with coupons!
- It also allows you to build outfits that fit your style because they usually have a large inventory, so instead of wearing what’s trending, you can wear what you think looks amazing on you, and that’s what matters, right? You will be able to buy accessories, shoes, and an entire outfit that screams you.
- Sometimes vintage stores actually have merchandise that’s close to brand new. Usually there only a couple months old, because retail stores move inventory in and out for new seasons.
- It’s eco-friendly to buy vintage, because the clothing industry causes a lot of pollution to the environment, so by helping yourself, you’re also helping the environment.
- It gives new life to pieces that have been left behind or thrown out by the last owner, repurposing this pieces extends the life of the clothing, which is pretty cool and inventive if you ask me.
- Buying vintage clothing means that you’ll probably never match anyone else, which is a statement in of itself. The pieces you find there are usually rare and unique.
It’ll revamp your style game in a whole new way.
- Most vintage clothes are of better quality than retail stores. This is because clothing used to be made to last, so these clothes are usually more durable. Skip the store factory chain clothing and get something that seems priceless to you.
- Most of the time new fashion trends are just old ones coming back to life! In a vintage store, you’re likely to find what’s hot now was also hot way back when it was first produced.
- Vintage clothing helps create creativity and culture!
- Last but not least, it gives you a new hobby of finding the diamonds of the rough and wearing your clothes like its brand new! At the end of the day, no one is going to be able to tell whether or not you bought vintage or new, so flaunt those clothes because they were made for you!