Each year begins the same we make a bunch of resolutions or promises to ourselves that we know we aren’t going to keep. From unrealistic goals to unrealistic results, we set ourselves up for disappointment and failure from the jump. 2018 is all about being real — real with yourself. If you want to make some changes in your life ,you have to do in in a way that you’ll be able to easily incorporate into your daily habits. Here are our 12 cheap and easy way to easily incorporate more health & wellness into into your new year of growth.
- Cook a new healthy dish once a month. Try out that veggie lasagna you saw on Pinterest. Can’t cook? Try a new restaurant that is known for its healthy but tasty dishes
- At the end of each month, take 10 to 15 mins to reflect on that month.What lessons did you learn that month? Did you accomplish any goals you have set ? If not, how can you accomplish them in the next year?
- Treat yourself — Every month. Treating yourself doesn’t mean you have to buy those new Jordans that you know you shouldn’t buy. You can treat yourself in other ways, like watching a new show you’ve been dying to check out, trying a new restaurant, or listening to that new Gucci Mane album you’ve been meaning to. Whatever your thing is try and make time for you to enjoy each month.
- Find small ways to add exercise to your daily routine — no gym membership required. Do 10 pushups before you shower, park your car at the end of the parking lot, do 10 squats before you pee. However you can add that extra exercise in, do it. You won’t regret it.
- Watch the new show/movie or read that new book you’ve been hearing everyone talk about. It’s cool to do your own thing but it’s also cool to connect with people on a common subject. Keeping up with what’s popping allows you to communicate with new people in other ways.
- Take a personal day. You may not actually be sick but you have grown sick of your co-workers, boss, work environment, etc. Take a day to relax and recharge. Do whatever you want to, except work.
- Do a social media clean-up and/or detox. You can do it once, you can do it over and over again but a social media clean-up is necessary. Look over your socials and clean it up a bit. Get rid of those old videos and photos of yours ex’s (friends included). Getting rid of that stuff will help you to move on. Take a detox from your timeline for a fresh perspective by logging off for at least 24 hours. Believe me, what is there yesterday will still be known tomorrow.
- Wash your face everyday. I can’t say that in any other way. Seriously just do it. Your pores and skin will thank you later.
- Buy a piece of art. Art is literally happiness. This study says so.
- Travel to a part of your state you have never been to. Even if its a place that 10 mins away, switching up your environment will either give you wanderlust or have you seriously appreciating where you currently live.
- Try online therapy for those days when there is no one to talk to. I know…you don’t need therapy, but you do need someone to talk to about things that are going on in your life. Your friends and/or family aren’t always available when you need them but an online therapist will be. Sometimes you need to express yourself to someone who won’t judge you or isn’t going to give their unwanted opinion — therapy is perfect for this! Check out sites like Talkspace or Breakthrough to get started.
- Forgive yourself for the mistakes you’ve made and the ones you will make. Don’t be so hard on yourself. You’ll want to be nice to yourself, you’ll only be with yourself for the rest of your life. Forgiving yourself will have you looking and feeling as happy as the people in the cover photo.
How are you planning to incorporate health & wellness in 2018? Drop us a line below.