We talked about 90’s trends but what about the 80’s? We can’t forget the decade where Madonna was the talk of the town and ALF was a hit on TV! What about the fashion? What were they wearing? Yes, of course, we know leg warmers were a go too but what else could be sneaking back upon us from the 80s? Make sure to save the article so when you are shopping you can give your closet an 80s feel.
1. Checkered Tweed Blazers: Modernized 80s preppy look was so chic in the 80s and now its back! You can mix and match your plaids to give a fresh and modern look.
2. Lame’: We’ve all seen 80s movies and the dreadful prom dresses the actress has on. Lame’ totally scream the 80s all over!
3. High waisted jeans: We all call this the “Mom jeans” now! The high waisted jean has made a real impact in the fashion world lately and they are coming in shorts and long jean styles.
4. Acid Washed Jeans: Acid shed jeans reflected the edge and the rock “n” roll culture of the 80s era.
5. Sequins: Sequence is back! Its now more updated and has a polished look to it. Most of our favorite clothing are coming in sequins like sports jackets, purses and now even pillows!
6. Spray Painted clothes: Streetwear that replicated spray paint was always a fun way to play with your style. High fashion companies like Burberry and others are adding the spray paint look to their lines.
What are you adding in your closet from the 80s? Mix it up and have fun with your style!